We’ve been around for quite a while already, but with millions of years and the human population that has gone by, only a few have mastered the art of perfecting oneself. We were all given everything we need, and it is up to us to utilize our abilities.
Life may seem hard when you experience tough situations. You will realize it is not that easy to be better. There are many obstacles as we tackle our journey, and some may struggle to confront them. But if you want to be successful in life, you must be able to overcome the challenges within you and perfect yourself based on your qualities.
Ways To Be The Best Version Of Yourself:
1. Evaluate Yourself. Assess your physical abilities, emotional stability, and mental strengths. Knowing all these are important in gauging your potential, and it is like knowing where to start. If you can determine the areas you need to improve or focus on, it will be easier to make a plan on how to achieve them. “Research shows that how you think about yourself can have a powerful effect on how you feel. Practice using words that promote feelings of self-worth and personal power. Give yourself a positive pep-talk.” Dr. Aaron Kaplan, PsyD, Clinical Psychologist said.
2. Think Of What You Want. Try to soul search and determine what you want to achieve in life. What aspect of it do you want to excel in the most? Do you want to be successful in your career, love life, or both? Know that each choice has a different path.
3. Step Away From Toxic People. Sometimes, we don’t bother to take notice, or it may be hard for us to admit that we have a lot of toxic people around us. It is our choice to stick around or stay with them, but we have to remember that it will be harder to reach your goals when we are carrying an extra ton. If we want to achieve our dreams without too much struggle, we should be smart enough to walk away from people who drag us down. Fran Walfish, PsyD advises that “When trying to keep a positive attitude, you must avoid people who thrive on negativity.”
4. Surround Yourself With Positivity.Go with people who inspire, motivate and bring out the best in you. Surround yourself with people who encourage you to be Think about ideas rather than gossiping about someone else’s failure. That is not the way towards success. Watch inspirational movies instead of depressing films about how ugly the human race can be such as war movies.
5. Develop Your Skills. Nurture your skills and grow them into an asset. Try to excel in it by competing with yourself. Don’t stop learning, and make sure you don’t waste a day being idle. With all the resources available today, you can find two or more tools to help you develop your skills. “When you challenge yourself to learn a new skill, you are building your intellectual health. People who pay attention to their intellectual wellness often find that they have better concentration, improved memory, and better critical thinking skills.” Marjie L. Roddick, MA, NCC, LMHC said.
6. Explore Your Options. Don’t settle for something you think is right. Always aim for the best. How would you know if it’s the best? Think of the best thing to do then do something better. It just means you will be the only one to say if it’s already the best for you if you just keep exploring, never settling for less.
7. Master One Talent. Some of us may be born with more than one talent, and often, these people have a hard time deciding which one they would pursue until such time their time runs out. So while we’re young, we must choose our favorite talent and develop it. If we can master them all, the better.
8. Unsubscribe To Negative Social Media Pages. There is too much negativity going on in this world, and we have to admit that most of us don’t have the power to make a difference. So instead of sharing the negativity, unsubscribe from pages that give you a depressive Make a difference in yourself because you have control over you, and somehow, contribute to the world by making it one person better.
9. Praise Yourself Every Day. Make sure to say something kind to yourself ideally in the morning before you go to school or work. Build up your confidence before facing the world.
10. Focus On Your Goal. Have your eyes fixed on your goal. Remember that everything that comes between you and reaching it is a distraction. Be prepared to stand firm because not all distractions are wrong. Some may require discernment.
Everything in your life is a choice you made, and if you utilize all the things that were given to you right from the start, you’ll be able to bring out the best in you. Don’t let society dictate what’s right and what’s not. Only you can decide that for yourself, so to be the best version of you. Know and love yourself better.